Thursday, July 27, 2006

We're Off

In case anyone thinks I have gone AWOL, I wanted to let you know we are off to Colorado, land of mountains and lofty trees and all manner of wildlife, including fish, which we will be pursuing. I have never fished in my life - no not ever - but D visited Wal-Mart last week and came home with two poles and a plastic box filled with colorful and squiggly lures and bate. I even bought shoes that are appropriate for fishing, being as how my cute sandals would just not cut it in the wilderness.

More than fish, we are in pursuit of coolness, blessed coolness. I anticipate that my clothing will not stick to me the minute I step out the front door the entire time I am there. With perfect faith that we will indeed encounter chilly evenings, I bought a blue jean jacket. I know. I know. It is almost inconceivable that one would need such a thing at the end of July/first of August. But I am assured that a light wrap might feel wonderful in the evening, when we will stroll after dining - just on sidewalks, mind you. I have no wish to encounter bear or even wandering elk, but I think they will stay out of the middle of Estes Park after sundown.

I'll have stories, I just know it, and I will share them when I return, although I may need a few days to come back to normal after VACATION!

Au revoir, mes amis.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a fabulous time! Will look forward to tall fishing tales... ;)

dogfaeriex5 said...

wow~you are going to some beautiful country and stunning nature..cannot wait to here the camp stories!!
this trip will refresh you in body, mind and spirit~
take care, mon ami
~k

Anonymous said...

We will miss you!!

Have a great time and take thousands of pictures.

Rookie Mama

paris parfait said...

Oh, sweetie have a wonderful time!Look forward to reading about your adventures, upon your return! xo

GoGo said...

Nice to see you blogging.

meghan said...

have a onderful time, enjoy the cool wanderings and tell us everything - I would love to see and hear about Colorado! be safe and well. xo

Kerstin said...

Have a safe journey and wonderful time, Rebekah!

I think I would be a little worried about the bears, too, we had a blackbear walking into downtown Northampton two days ago and climbing into a tree right behind our house! I was assured not to fret and that it was even more afraid of us!

Looking forward to reading about your adventures when you get back :)

Tammy Brierly said...

CAMPING my favorite thing! Have a blast. I'll miss you but I'll be patient and wait :)

susanlavonne said...

Rebekah, you're back!!
I have been "away" much myself but it's sooooooooo good to see you writing again :-)
Anxious to hear about the vacation.

meghan said...

Have a wonderful time - and please share lots of stories when you get back!!! xoxo

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Hello??? Anyone home?

Anonymous said...

OMG, It never occurred to me to see if you were blogging somewhere else...hurray!

So, so, so glad you are back on.

Patry Francis said...

This gave me such a vision of you standing in a COOL stream in your jean jacket fishing. Can't wait to hear all about it.